Seeking Challenges at W&M

Who would’ve thought that lives can change this much in Williamsburg, VA? When I decided to pursue an MBA at the College of William & Mary I was hoping for my life to change, and I knew that couldn’t happen without challenges. W&M not only met my expectations, it exceeded them.

Professors at William & Mary have a prime focus on helping students grow. The small school has helped me focus my diverse interests. The faculty is very open to talking with students and sharing knowledge. I would be disrespectful if I didn’t utilize the knowledge they offer!

In addition to professors, the W&M community includes students who are smart, motivated and open. My classmates have taught me a lot, and I have made friends that I will never forget. Where ever you go on campus, in clubs and at events, people want to interact and learn from you as well as share what they know. I enjoy that at William & Mary it’s not just about grades, but about the experiences that have infinite potential.

Natural beauty is an absolute bliss in Williamsburg. The weather is not too hot or too cold, at least most of the time. One of my biggest surprises was a deer across the road from me while riding my bicycle to school at night. I don’t know who was more scared, me or the deer. The town has lots of events and activities, whether on campus or off campus, from Colonial Williamsburg to New Town, and probably my mother’s favorite – the outlets.

I have tapped into an uncharted area of opportunity that is only possible thanks to the experience I am having at William & Mary. Many years from now it will be one of my fondest memories, with experiences and friends that will never be forgotten.

Al-Sharif Musab Al-Barakait was born and raised in Jordan. He earned his bachelors’ degree from the University of Jordan in computer science, and worked as a Project Coordinator for Software Solutions in the Royal Hashemite Court in Jordan for four years. Musab is currently pursuing an MBA at the College of William & Mary.

This entry was posted in International Students, Student Post. Bookmark the permalink.