2012 International Graduate Orientation Peer Leaders

Piyaporn (Orn) Charuvajana

Class: 2013

School: Master of Business Administration at Mason School of Business

Undergraduate University:  Major in Interior Architecture, at Chulalongkorn University

Home City: Bangkok, Thailand

Campus Involvement: Volunteered as student ambassador as a reception of homecoming event, Member of International Student Association, Volunteered for a decorating and registration for Diwali, Japanese Matsuri and Chinese New Year Events, organized a first “Thai Cultural Night” at Mason. Member of Luxury and Retail Club, Member of NAWMBA, women’s club of Mason School of Business. Joined the MBA Water Walk. Joined Bowl For Kids’ Sake to support to Big Brothers, Big Sisters. Joined a “Real Estate Conference: Surviving Today Succeeding Tomorrow”

Why I Chose W&M: I am interested in the flexible curriculum of the MBA program. Moreover, with its reputation, the College of William & Mary attracts talented people from around the world, and to be surrounded by these people in an academic environment is invaluable. I will be able to not only learn from other class members and explore new opportunities, but also expand connections worldwide through alumni networks. Furthermore, I enjoy this lovely small town, Williamsburg.

Where I See Myself In 5 Years: I want to combine my passion for design and creative thinking with my business experience to set up my own business. I see myself as a founder of boutique hotels, first in Thailand, and later in other countries in South East Asia. My intention is to blend these skills and perspectives to create designs and operations that are both pleasant and profitable.

Bo Dong

Area of Study: Computer Science

Undergraduate University: M.S. in Computer Science at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi

Home City: DaLian, China

Favorite Class: Computer graphics by Dr. Peers. You will learn very interesting graphics knowledge and more about the techniques behind the scenes. 

Favorite Local Restaurant: Saigon Pearl, which serves delicious Vietnamese food. My favorite food there is the pho. My friend and I go there pretty often. If you like Chinese LaMain or MiXian, that is the place you should try for sure.

Oranich Kulapatrapa

Class: 2013

Undergraduate University:  International Business Management at Chulalongkorn University

Home City: Bangkok, Thailand

Campus Involvement: President of International Student Association Club in MBA and a member of International Student Advisory Board

Three Unusual or Unique Things About Myself: I don’t like chocolate, ketchup, tomato or almost any vegetable. I used to be in a university chorus club. I can eat fried frog and fried bamboo caterpillar.

Favorite W&M Memory So Far: I and other five Thai students organized the first Thai Night at the Mason School of Business. We managed to get through so many problems and obstacles as well as a tight study and assignment schedule. The event was very successful. We had more than 250 attendees. Even though we all felt really exhausted at that time, when I look back I feel proud.

Hua Ma

Class: 2017

School: Educational Planning, Policy and Leadership at the School of Education

Undergraduate University: Ningxia University, Shandong University, Wake Forest University

Home City: Yinchuan, China

Campus Involvement: Peer Leader; Confucius Institute China Summer Camp Chaperone

Why I Chose W&M: It was the most recommended school by faculty at my school division. This is THE place to get the most updated knowledge in many fields!

Three Unusual or Unique Things About Myself: 1. I play and coach soccer; 2. I am the only international teacher at my school in the past three years; 3. I have a wonderful wife and an adorable infant daughter.

Sarah Stanford-McIntyre

Class: Rising third year MA/PhD (earned MA in May 2012)

School: American Studies/College of Arts and Sciences

Undergraduate University: American Studies, History, and Plan II Honors Major at The University of Texas at Austin

Home City: Amarillo, Texas

Campus Involvement: Vice President of the Arts and Sciences Graduate Student Association, President of the American Studies Graduate Student Association

Favorite Spot on Campus: The W&M campus is beautiful. My favorite spot would have to be the patio outside the Daily Grind. It’s a perfect place to sit and read, look at nature, and watch campus happen.

Favorite W&M Tradition: Not exactly a W&M tradition, but the annual Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg. Every winter, CW is decorated for Christmas and hosts an evening holiday celebration with fireworks, Irish dancing, and live music.

Rashi Bhutani

Class: 2013

School: Master of Business Administration, Mason School of Business

Home Country: India

Campus Involvement: Founder of the Healthcare Club at the Mason School of Business. Elected as 1st year representative of the Operations/IT Club. Volunteered as a tour guide of Miller Hall Building on Homecoming Day. Volunteered for charity events at the business school - TribeFest for the Cure and Yorktown Victory Run. Co-organized “Diwali” cultural night.

Favorite class: Financial Management. Professor John Strong is one the best lecturers at Mason School of Business. I never knew that I would love the subject and would consider it as a future career option.

Favorite spot on campus: Recreation Center. With so much going on at school, I need a stress buster and the best one is exercising!

Andy Howard

Class: 2L

School: School of Law

Undergraduate University: History and Political Science at Washington and Jefferson College

Home City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Campus involvement: Public Service Fund

Favorite local restaurant: Food For Thought: great variety, including a menu for people with allergies. Great atmosphere; nice service.

I’m inspired by: Billy Mills.  First American to win the 10,000 meter run in an Olympic Games.  Came from behind and shocked the crowd to outkick the field.

Yuying Wang

Class: JD 2013 Candidate

School: School of Law

Home Country: China

Campus Involvement: International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), International Law Society (ILS)

Why I chose W&M: Williamsburg’s beautiful scenery and W&M’s reputation of being friendly to international students led me to W&M for the one-year LL.M. program. The law school faculty’s dedication to academics and personal attention to each student attracted me to pursue the J.D. degree in W&M for another two years.

Favorite Class: I liked International Business Transactions, M&A, Accounting For Lawyers, and Tax the most. They are very challenging, but I enjoyed the process of learning.

Han Li

Area of Study: Computer Science

Undergraduate University: Computer Science at Wuhan University

Home City: Xinyang, China

Favorite Spot on Campus: The little garden in front of Swem Library.

Favorite W&M Memory So Far: All the activities that the Reves Center organized!

Pavich Aranyawat

Class:  MBA 2013

Undergraduate University:  Electrical Engineering in Bangkok, Thailand.

Home City:  Bangkok, Thailand

Campus Involvement: Volunteered as a tour guide of Miller Hall Building on Homecoming Day. Served as the MC of Thailand Cultural Night held by Mason School of Business. Member of several clubs in Mason School of Business.

Favorite Spot On Campus:  Absolutely the Recreation Center (gym). Let’s play some basketball!

Favorite Local Restaurant: Any of the Asian restaurants in Williamsburg. Japanese, Vietnam, Chinese, Korean and of course Thai. Let me know if any of you want to try Asian food!

Mingzhou Zhou

Program: Computer Science

Undergraduate University: Tsinghua University

Home City: Wenzhou, China

Favorite spot on campus:  Lake Matoaka (behind Mason School of Business)

Where I see myself in 5 years: An engineer in Silicon Valley or Seattle

Favorite local restaurant: Plaza Azteca!

This entry was posted in International Students, Orientation Leaders. Bookmark the permalink.