Settling In: Further Adventures in Copenhagen

DIS has a great option for students who want a relationship with a Danish family but don’t necessarily want to live with a host family.  They call it a “visiting family.” I have been in contact with my visiting family for about a month now.  My visiting mom, Linda, is the sweetest person and sent me a full description of each member of their family and attached pictures too. We have made plans to meet up next Saturday and I could not be more excited.

Yesterday, Friday, I took my first REAL biking trip.  My roommate Caitlin and I biked to Carlsberg Brewery in the afternoon.  We got lost on the way their AND the way back, but it was awesome.  The brewery tour was really informative and came with two complementary beers.  From there, we went to Riz Raz for a delicious vegetarian buffet that was provided by the Sustainability in Europe program.  It was great to bond a little more with the 75 or so other members of the SIE program since I will be spending a lot of time with them this semester.

Recent accomplishments:

1. Going outside
The temperature is 25 degrees F but “feels like 11 degrees”

2. Showering quickly enough
I live in the Green House so we have a shower gadget thing that shuts the water off after an undefined amount of time.  The only way to turn it back on is to get out of the shower and push the button on the opposite wall.  Needless to say, it has forced me to shorten my shower time.  Today I finally managed to get all of the soap off my body before the shower shut off.

Caitlin and I at Carlsberg Brewery

The world’s largest collection of unopened beer bottles

Rosenborg Castle in the King’s Gardens

Trying to catch Katie mid-air. Fail.

*Reprinted with Tracy’s permission from her blog, CWTOCPH

304470_3739877010678_1908533954_n-e1357715665956Tracy Brinkerhoff ’14 is spending her Spring 2013 semester in Copenhagen, Denmark.  She is an English major and an Economics minor with a strong interest in sustainability.  I enjoy a chai latte, a good novel, and a warm cat.  I can’t imagine what my life would be like without dance.  I’m a member of Orchesis Modern Dance Company and Chi Omega Sorority.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.