Vamos a la Playa

Okay, I know that’s Spanish (and not Portuguese), but you get the point. I’M IN PORTUGAL! One of the things that sets DIS apart from other study abroad programs is the amount of vacation time. We get three full weeks off from classes for travel; one week with your core course (which for me, was two weeks ago in Amsterdam) and two for individual travel. BUT because planning trips with your friends is stressful/expensive/time-consuming/potentially dramatic, I would highly recommend one of the DIS adventure trips.

I am currently in Ericeira, Portugal, a costal town North of Lisbon with the Portugal: Surf the Atlantic trip. The surf lodge is beautiful, the staff is wonderful, and I have already stood up multiple times on my surfboard! (I have never touched a surfboard before yesterday, I swear). Our schedule is pretty intense with two-a-day surf lessons, yoga, and delicious meals. Although my sore muscles are saying otherwise, I have enjoyed every second of the past two days. It was pouring rain this morning as we were surfing, but we all agreed that the rain just made us feel cooler and more exciting people. Toward the end of today’s lesson, the sun even decided to grace us with its presence! My cheeks are pink. This is a big deal after 2.5 months in Scandinavia.

Ericeira

dsc00431
dsc00432

*Reprinted with Tracy’s permission from her blog, CWTOCPH

304470_3739877010678_1908533954_n-e1357715665956Tracy Brinkerhoff ’14 is spending her Spring 2013 semester in Copenhagen, Denmark.  She is an English major and an Economics minor with a strong interest in sustainability.  I enjoy a chai latte, a good novel, and a warm cat. I’m a member of Orchesis Modern Dance Company and Chi Omega Sorority.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.